I spent a lot of yesterday trying to tidy my sewing room but to no avail. It needs more storage which at the moment is not in the budget. I had a go at making my own bolts from cardboard and that seems to work pretty well but there is nowhere to put said bolts.
Nevermind on to what I am currently working on!
I have started Amy Butler's Cabo Halter. I have to say i'm not keen on the way Amy Butler patterns are printed and I feel that they scrimping on their product a little.
When you open the pattern pieces they have made the front and back interchangable by making one piece that for the front you fold down certain parts of the pattern to cut.
This would be fine if it was the only thing. The instructions are on the pattern sheet and not seperate, not only that there is nowhere to store any of it once you cut out the pattern. Unlike Colette where you have a neat little instruction booklet and a little folder on the back.
Nevertheless the top is pretty and popular too it seems. I have started to sew it in Liberty's My Little Star lawn.
Its looking good but in a bid to finish it fast I messed up so now a big chunk has to be unpicked.
Second on the Agenda is Victory Patterns Madeleine Skirt.
Finally although we haven't had much of a british summer, i'm looking at shorts!
I've started a muslin for Kwik Sew 3854 view B. Hopefully if I can crack the shorts I can just lengthen them into trousers.
So thats what i'm up to! In other news I am leaving Clothkits, sad as it is I need the time to do my Masters in the Autumn and they really wanted a totally full time employee, which is fair enough.
However I get to do some awesome Volunteering at the Fashion and Textile museum this week on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.
So any London based sewists who fancy a few cocktails on any of those nights email me and we can have a little mini meetup!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in coming.