Now I know your dying to know what I got at the swap and shop!
Apologies for the quality of the pics but I was so excited I snapped them late last night.
Up top is a Missoni style cotton interlock knit (£2 per m, I got two)
I got some really great goodies From Claire, Miss Hyper Organised! I only see her every few months but she's pretty much my sewing secretary! She came with a shopper and swatch sheets of all her fabric. Such a genius. These were things I got from her in the Swap.
- (Above) Turquoise knit with stripe in the weave,
- Tulip Polycotton,
- Lovely Autumnal floral Jersey
- Funky mixed colour Polycotton
I also got one thing from Julia and one from Tania
- Striped purple jersey with white and pink stripe was from Julia
- Burgundy bottom weight, possibly drill from Tania
Then as if that wasn't enough, I got these two beauties from Tilly!
- This fabulous border print cotton in three greens and a black
- The most amazing silk chiffon in a mermaid turquoise. Its so Divine. Tilly bought it to make her beautiful new Matilde blouse but said it was too slippery. I intend to make something beautiful out of it to do it justice!
I actually gave away more than I received in the swap which was my aim. I had plenty of stuff pent up for swapping and it felt great giving it to friends who will use and treasure it.
I also made some purchases. I've never been on a fabric ban but I should be more mindful of what I put into my stash. (post coming up on that later.) However I spend under £20 on the fabrics I got and with spring coming around I only got light summery fabrics and only 2m of each. So I got
- This lovely fine lawn in zig zag print. I think this would make a funky light coverup
- very fine linen in a great hot pink! I have a chiffon blouse similar to Tilly's mathilde in this colour and I love it. Maybe something similar?
- Jane got this fabric also. Its a lovely fine cotton with a nice drape, finer than quilting cotton but with more heft than a lawn. I think this will make something fab. Its in a charcoal grey which I'm using as a neutral for my SWAP. I'm working on a similar colour needlecord at the moment. Yay for Co-ordination!
- Finally this pretty 30's esque jersey. There was just over a metre so I think i'll squeeze a tiny pocket tank out of this one!
I think its time to sign up to that stashbusting challenge!